Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2009 (Gruber's Complete SAT Guide -12th Edition)
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
More Than 7 Million Gruber Books Sold!
"The best book on the SAT" -CBS Radio
"Gary Gruber is the leading expert on the SAT" -Houston Chronicle
"Gary Gruber is the most prominent guru of SAT preparation." -Chicago Tribune
"His methods make the questions seem amazingly simple to solve." -Library Journal
"Dr. Gruber knows the ins and outs of the SAT." -Los Angeles Times
Get the Skills That Unlock the Answers
With the explanation to a question, you can answer that one question. With the Gruber strategies, you can answer thousands of questions! These strategies show you how to think about problems best, and can be used consistently on every SAT test.
The Fastest, Easiest Way to Improve Your Score
- Features the Exclusive Gruber System That has Raised Actual SAT Scores by More than 600 Points!
- Unique Diagnostic Test Shows You Why You Got Questions Wrong-And How to Correct It
- Tips of Writing a High-Scoring Essay
- Inside Info on How SAT Questions Are Created
- Student-Praised Writing, Vocab, Math and Reading Sections
- 5 Full-Length SAT Practice Tests with complete explanatory answers keyed to the Gruber strategies and basic skills
Effective Study Tools That Are Actually Fun
- 101 Most Important Math Questions You Need to Know
- The World's Shortest SAT Test (16 Questions)
- The 291 Most Important SAT Words
- Proven Strategies for Solving Questions Quickly
- Tons of Practice SAT Questions, with Every Answer Keyed to the Gruber Strategies and Basic Skills
- The Gruber Prefixes and Roots that can give you the meaning of more than 150,000 words
Use the Most Trusted Methods
- More schools use Dr. Gruber's books for SAT courses than any other SAT books.
- PBS chose Dr. Gruber to train teachers nationally to improve the nation's SAT scores.
- National learning centers, state agencies and state education departments have contracted with Dr. Gruber to improve SAT scores and critical thinking ability.
of 10 gallons/ 2 minute it will take 6 minutes to fill the cube. (313) sides and C is the angle between them. In this case a ϭ 6, b ϭ 8, and Ͻ C ϭ 30°. You should 29. Choice E is correct. Let s ϭ the side of the square. remember that the sine of 30° is ᎏ1ᎏ so the area is Then, the area of the square is equal to s 2. The 2 diagonal of the square is s ͙2ෆ, so the square of the ᎏ1ᎏ(6)(8)ᎏ1ᎏ ϭ 12. (307) 2 2 175-346.qxd:22678_0175-0258.qxd 5/1/08 4:01 PM Page 240 240 • COMPLETE SAT
291 COMPLETE SAT MATH REFRESHER • 291 A B C D E 40. In this diagram, AB 40. ϭ AC, angle A ϭ 40°, and BD is perpendicular to AC at D. How | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | many degrees are there in angle DBC ? | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | (A) 20° (B) 40° (C) 50° (D) 70° (E) None of these. A B C D E 41. | | | | | | | | | | 41. If the line AB intersects the line CD at point E,
score. ____________________ Estimate your essay score using the Essay Scoring Guide. ____________________ Use the SAT Score Conversion Table for Writing Composite to find your writing scaled score. You will need your Writing Raw Score and your Essay Score to use this table. ____________________ 706-1045.qxd 5/1/08 3:27 PM Page 909 SAT PRACTICE TEST 4 • 909 SAT Score Conversion Table Writing Writing Critical Multiple- Critical Multiple- Reading Math Choice Reading Math
the following is always true for real num- ing either calculus or physics or both, and 10 stu- bers a, b, and c? dents are taking both calculus and physics. If there I. ͙ aϩ b ෆ ϭ͙ aෆϩ ͙ bෆ are 31 students in the calculus class, how many stu- II. a 2 ϩ b 2 ϭ ( a ϩ b)2 dents are in the physics class? III. ab ϩ ac ϭ a( bϩ c) (A) 14 (A) I only (B) 15 (B) II only (C) 16 (C) III only (D) 17 (D) I, II, III (E) 18 (E) neither I, II or III 4. Mr. Simmons stated that if a 2 Ͼ b 2
carry a pocket-size dictionary with you? 7. Play word games—crossword puzzles will really build up your vocabulary. 117-174.qxd 5/1/08 11:55 AM Page 146 146 • STRATEGY SECTION EXAMPLE 1 2. Choice B is correct. The root “psyche” means the mind functioning as the center of thought, feeling, Acting, like much writing, is probably a compensation for and behavior. and release from the strain of some profound maladjustment of the psyche. The actor lives most intensely by proxy. He 3.